Happy Wednesday Everyone!
Thought I would share a workout with you today. This is a HIIT Lower Body Burn I wrote up for my workout today.
Set timer for 50 seconds work, 10 seconds rest for 24 rounds. (I recommend the Gym Boss or you can use an app on your phone) You will alternate a cardio move and a strength training move. Add weight to any of the strength training exercises to add intensity. I wrote in a brief description for some of the exercises that I thought some might not know what I am talking about lol I don’t always know what to call certain things 🙂 My plan is to start doing some videos to go with some workouts…just have to get over my fear of doing it 😉
1. High Knees
2. Squats (air squats or use weight)
3. High Knees
4. Hip/Leg Raises (right side) – lay on back, put left heel up on chair, medicine ball, bench etc. and raise right leg and hips off ground then lower. repeat.
5. High Knees
6. Hip/Leg Raises (left side)
8. Step Ups (right leg) – step up onto a chair, bench etc. use weight to add intensity
10. Step Ups (left leg)
12. Walking Side to Side Squats – start in a chair squat pose then take two steps to the side still low in a squat position then back to the other side…stay low!
14. Curtsey Lunges
16. Plie Squats with Calf Raises
17. Log Jumps – jump side to side driving your knee up and over as if you are jumping sideways over a log
18. Single Leg Deadlift (right leg)
19. Log Jumps
20. Single Leg Deadlift (left leg)
21. Log Jumps
22. Chair Squat with Toe Taps – hold a chair squat position while alternating toe taps to the side.
23. Log Jumps
24. Side Lunges
Let me know what you think! Enjoy! 🙂
Like the tank I’m wearing? You can get one here!
Okay so I’ve been slacking a little lately on my posts but that doesn’t mean I’ve been slacking on my workouts! Today i went for a run and then headed over to the Clinton Dam to do my workout. I focused on legs today because I had boxing yesterday and I go tomorrow so my poor arms need a rest! As I am typing I am sitting at the Clinton Dam which is a beautiful spot for a workout. This is my view right now….
Not bad right?! Oh and it’s 80 degrees on October 2nd!! I can live with that! 🙂
Okay so my workout today looked like this…
~ 3.4 mile run outside with an average pace of 8:30 minute miles
~ I did the stairs at the dam….and oh damn do they suck! But I love it!! I did them 4 times running 2 times walking. (these are the stairs and thats only about half and they are super steep!)
~ Then I did 50 yards of walking lunges with back leg lifts
~ A 50 yard sprint
~ Broad jump into burpee with a pushup for 50 yards (these sucked! lol)
~ I ended with 50 squats
Then I rested…
This is my view after I fell to the ground because my legs were like jello!! Ahhh so pretty…
Really this place is beautiful, it’s a great place for a run, workout or just a walk and some relaxation. I will leave you with a few more pics then its off to take a shower and get the kids off the bus! 🙂
Happy Workout Wednesday! Go get your sweat on!!
You know its a good workout when you are dripping sweat onto your new gym floor and loving it! I started my new routine this morning of waking up at 5:30am to do my workouts…tough getting up but sooo nice to have it done and have the whole day in front of me! I’m still waiting for a few more things to get done in the new gym before I post some pics, I am loving it though!! So nice to have a separate place to do my thing…
Here is what I did this morning, its another workout from Bodyrock.tv, one of my have places to get workouts from…
Set your timer for 10 seconds rest 50 seconds work, you’ll do this for three rounds…click here for the link to see how to do the exercises
1. 2 Squat Jumps, 1 Tuck Jump, 2 Push Ups
2. 3 Monkey Press Ups 3 Single Leg Squats (left and right alternate)
3. 10 Open Me Up Mountain Climbers 10 Ab Toe Touches using the Ugi ball ( i used a 12 medicine ball)
4. Push Up, 2 Knee In, Commando Roll
Then I did this…just one round 10 seconds rest, 50 seconds work
Then I moved on to the TRX and did some abs. The TRX is killer for ab workouts, you use so many more muscles at once, love it! I did this circuit twice…TRX ABS
Then I did 150 air squats… I ❤ squats 🙂
Thats it!! Let me know if you do this workout too and how you did! Go drip some sweat on your floors!!!
Quick post to give you the workout I did this morning! I did 5 rounds of this…
These one leg combo burpees are one of my new faves!!
This was my first workout in our new gym we made on our garage, I love it!! Still need to put equipment in but I didn’t need much for this one. I will be posting pics soon of the before and afters soon….