Happy Wednesday Everyone!
Thought I would share a workout with you today. This is a HIIT Lower Body Burn I wrote up for my workout today.
Set timer for 50 seconds work, 10 seconds rest for 24 rounds. (I recommend the Gym Boss or you can use an app on your phone) You will alternate a cardio move and a strength training move. Add weight to any of the strength training exercises to add intensity. I wrote in a brief description for some of the exercises that I thought some might not know what I am talking about lol I don’t always know what to call certain things 🙂 My plan is to start doing some videos to go with some workouts…just have to get over my fear of doing it 😉
1. High Knees
2. Squats (air squats or use weight)
3. High Knees
4. Hip/Leg Raises (right side) – lay on back, put left heel up on chair, medicine ball, bench etc. and raise right leg and hips off ground then lower. repeat.
5. High Knees
6. Hip/Leg Raises (left side)
8. Step Ups (right leg) – step up onto a chair, bench etc. use weight to add intensity
10. Step Ups (left leg)
12. Walking Side to Side Squats – start in a chair squat pose then take two steps to the side still low in a squat position then back to the other side…stay low!
14. Curtsey Lunges
16. Plie Squats with Calf Raises
17. Log Jumps – jump side to side driving your knee up and over as if you are jumping sideways over a log
18. Single Leg Deadlift (right leg)
19. Log Jumps
20. Single Leg Deadlift (left leg)
21. Log Jumps
22. Chair Squat with Toe Taps – hold a chair squat position while alternating toe taps to the side.
23. Log Jumps
24. Side Lunges
Let me know what you think! Enjoy! 🙂
Like the tank I’m wearing? You can get one here!
Yup! I’m training for my first Bikini Competition! I haven’t posted on here in awhile, this prep is like a full time job! I am going to do my best to post about the rest of my journey to the competition though…
I am competing with a group from a local gym in the INBF Classic on June 7th. Thats not too far away! yikes!! I am happy with my results so far but am excited to see the end result! 🙂 I started training at 10 weeks out which is a pretty short amount of time to train!
I am really surprising myself at how disciplined I can be! I always considered myself someone with little or no will power especially with food! Since the day I committed to doing this I have stayed on track with my diet with no cheats at all! I think its the thought of being on stage in a bikini being judged that scares the crap out of me and makes me stay on track! I will say though that I do miss my wine!! I may need to have a glass before heading on stage just to get me out there lol!
I eat 6 meals a day that consist of lean protein and veggies. Its pretty strict with no snacking in-between meals (I’m the queen of snacking!) but I do have to say I have never felt better and I am very rarely hungry. Meal prep is time consuming but absolutely necessary to stay on track!
My workouts are going well, my boxing trainer is helping me with some heavy lifting and cardio is limited to brisk walking (i miss running!) Im really enjoying lifting and seeing the results! Its amazing to watch your body transform!! 🙂
I am going to try to post at least once a week on here with my progress…only 5 more weeks!! Here are a few progress pics so far…
Cant believe I am posting these…..I don’t think Ive ever posted a pic of my stomach, its my problem area…
Happy with the progress so far…
Of course I had to make a tank! 🙂